Tome of Treasures :: View topic - Site Updates

Tome of Treasures - Ye destination for discussions of Collectible Adventuring

HomeHome FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Documento sin título

Site Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have completed the forum overhaul. We took the main English discussion forum and split it into 5 dedicated communities.... TSR, General RPG, Fanzine, Wargame, and Miniatures. Within each of these communities, we are centralizing both the ToT Auction Data Forums and Research Forum discussions that pertain directly to those collectible disciplines.

I have restructured the format for submitting and presenting auction ending data. The summaries in each community are taking some form and it is great to see the data building over the last couple of years. I would like to invite visitors to track the values of anything they would like regardless of auction ending amounts and I will be updating the forum guidelines to match this new policy. However, I still encourage folks to consider only submitting items that might be regarded Rare or Very Rare as values of Common or Uncommon items can be easily discovered via simple searches on eBay, as an example.

The fanzine section of the Research Forums have been updated to match the running list developed within the Adventurer's Press Archive. The list is huge and still growing. There are lots of research forums that are a blank slate, waiting for submission. There is nothing like this online and the possibilities are exciting. With the help of the community, I am confident these will flesh out over time and serve as a great resource to the visitor.

We have updated the TSR Research Forum to include a significant area to add novels. There are many categories to assist in organizing the materials. Any further suggestions and additions are always welcome.

Next, I would like to work on updating portions of the archive end of the site. Please consider adding your favorite links to the corresponding threads in each community, as this is one example of what I will be up to. I will be taking a hard look at updating both the fanzine and nonTSR divisions of the archives. There is a movement at the tome to be more comprehensive rather than specific in defining collectible disciplines. I will probably structure them in such a way that they point towards the Research Forums AND reflect the structure of the Research Forums. This will probably not improve the content of the Archive for the time being. In fact, it will probably force me to wipe the slate clean again until the content in the Research Forums builds to a greater degree.

Finally, I would like to settle into the Research Forums for a while. This is clearly the most important corner of the Tome. Over the better part of the next two years, I will see what I can do myself to add content and assist in organizing the information that is developing across the Research Forums.

Futures bright, as Paul would say. Cool

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Archive side....

Links page is updated as per requests in the general discussions forum's thread. Please add more to those list if you would like and I will stealth them into place sooner or later.

Credits and Gratitude has been updated. We are working to include those who make meaningful contributions to the Research Forums. Making entries for new products is aces to us and we want to encourage this as much as is possible. If I skipped over anyone, please let me know, I did my best to locate all contributors to get them included in this update. Thanks.

scribe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some minor updates of major proportions....

I have officially steered the Tome away from the Schick/Bock rubric of nonTSR designation. I have updated the Tome's index page to remove the nonTSR title in the department directory and replace it with the new RPG General classification. I have created and linked to the new General Provisioner Archive introduction page.

The nonTSR page is still on the server and will remain until I can figure out how to restructure this in a thoughtful way that allows it to exist with the closely related General Provisioner. I think it is useful and important to maintain nonTSR list of products made for Dungeons and Dragons and will keep this in mind as a future project.

I have made a new fanzine introduction page for the Adventurers Press Archive. As with the General Provisioner, this new introduction page points heavily to the Research Forums. The idea is to direct energies initially to creating content in the forums that will populate the Archives. I have dumped the list I had created in the original fanzine page because it is too difficult at this point to update all areas of the site while the content changes so rapidly. Both the original introduction page and subsequent item pages are still on the server and will probably lead to a bit of confusion to those who find their way on to those pages via search. In time, like for the General Provisioner, I will circle around and update all aspects of the archive areas as the Research Forums content builds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tome of Treasures Forum Index -> Town Crier All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: